Friday, January 26, 2007

You & Me

Oh dear.. seems it's been awhile since I've updated this BLOG.. I promise that I will try to keep at it... had a busy weekend, then a crazy week at work, and now here it is... the weekend again. sometimes in korea, if you blink, you might miss it.

so where to begin? last weekend was a good time. i spent saturday afternoon shopping and drinking beer in songtan, the other military base aout 1 hour south of seoul. a few girls went to celebrate gosia's brthday where we kicked off the evening at a little place called SOUL TRAIN. 2000 won beers and 5000 won cocktails later, our "little" group of 11 had dwindled to 3. by 1230, with the birthday girl settled into the hotel for a good nights sleep... Naomi and i were left carousing, dancing and smacking asses toll about 5:00 am... We ended the evening at a little hip-hop club called stereo drinking a soju kettle and conversing with some guy named squeaky (which I am informed is his hasher name). i'm sure he told me his real name several times that evening but I can't seem to remember it.


we then proceeded to the lion's den (?) at least i think that was its name, where we met up with a lively chap named quentin! we hung out with him for the rest of the night and the whole evening turned out to be quite the blast.

I left songtan in the morning at around 11:00am to head back to seoul for a field trip with my favourite artsy fartsy crew (DY and BC). this was BCs last excursion around seoul to take in the sights and she chose to see the prison museum. i will agree with DY that the prison museum was "underwhelming" yes, it was a bit dull. the highlight was the company nonetheless... Funnily the most excitement came from being accosted by the christians on my way to meet up with DY. they simply would not let me pass by them... they kept blocking my way until i was like "I have no fucking time for this".. not to be rude, but really. so you have to block my way by, for this is a sure way for me to not want to listen to you even more... really though... get a life!






after the museum, we headed to insadong... we cruised around and ended up at the usual place.. we had a korean pancake, side dishes, bul-go-gi, and some kind of unnamed root thingy! WTF! good times and good conversations, we then headed to a coffee shop/wine bar. I had "lemon tea", which was ... i think ... hot country time lemonade! whatever... it was still nice!

said BYE to BC and came home... sunday over and the week staring me in the face!

1 comment:

j. ethan duran said...

all outings no matter how dull are a blast when we do them together. until the next one. have a great week. chat with you soon.