Saturday, January 06, 2007

Let it Snow

So....

After a WILD week of partying on Wednesday... Getting home at 6 am on Thursday... Skipping work without even calling in...Staying out on Friday night until 4am... and being generally naughty, I find myself sitting here in my apartment on a Saturday night (and ever so content to be here)!! I had a busy day actually, and lovely one too.

Started at 11:30 with a phone call from my friend Gosia telling me to go and look outside. So I hauled my big butt off the couch, and flicked the lock on the door... HOLY SHITE! snow! real sonw, like Canadian style blizzard... Holy Hell! Guess that means there would be no scootering today. So, we decided to head over to Smokey's Saloon for a Burger, to get over the winter BLAHS. Prolly the last time that Gosia will go there since they changed the place to a NON-smoking venue! Not so impressive! I had the usual, a BIG Islander... mmm, pineapples and Mozzarella on a burger is just dandy with me. and then headed to the newish Deli in Itaewon to pick up some rolls and Ham.

Let it Snow, Snow, Snow




Parted ways with Gosia, and headed home to check my emails and take Schwa to the VET, he got the 3rd of his SHOTS today... I always feel bad when I take him to the VET cause he hates it, and it makes him tremble, also... he cries the entire way down the street. Which is a bit embarassing!!

I met up with Megan and headed to Insadong to see the "Wake Up Andy Warhol" exhibit... It was pretty cool, I liked the cartoon bombs and the umbrellas hanging from the ceiling best of all.




Then we stopped ant the tourist informaton place and picked up a Seoul Art Guide (which is great for planning the weekends) and noticed a photography exhibit that we thought was worth checking out.. It took us over an hour to find the place, but It was brilliantly worth it (GO SEE IT)!

Willy Ronis: "La Vie, Grande Inconnue"
2006.12.23 - 2007.2.28 Chosun Ilbo Art Museum
Gallery Lumiere
www.willyronis.net

After that, we stopped off at my favorite little Insadong Traditional Food Joint. We ordered the Dalk-do-ri-tang (spicy chicken stew) and Bamboo Leaf Wine... Yummy, chatted for a few hours about this, that, and other things, and then were getting ready to head home when the flashing lights just drew us in.... ARCADE! We played a couple of race car games, contemplated Dance Dance Revolution (but we both decided that we would suck at it), and had a few rounds of tetris.. I then embarassed myself at a drumming game... I tried to do Virtual Insanity by Jamariquoi, but it was just plain terrible, OH WELL... a percussionist I am not!

I got home at about 9:30, hoping to watch Miami Ink... but it hasn't finished downloading yet!
Back to OZ season 2!

2 comments:

j. ethan duran said...

i love arcade fighting games. yes, thats a challenge to you.

KorJen said...

challenge accepted!

Dual at dawn, 2 pistols?