Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A View to a Kill



The Adventuring continues...

Sunday's excursion was to the raddest and grandest palace in Seoul! I met the Fab Ethan at Anguk Station and we decided that food would be a great option! We headed towards the Palace and up a side street after an hour... we didnt manage to find any food, but we did manage to find some random museums, and the cutest little neighbourhood that I have ever seen...









Finally, we heded to Namaste in Jongno tower for some eats. The Indian food there is tremendous. I was a bit bummed that my trademark meal was not available (the Thali Set) so I settled on some Butter Chicken Curry, Basmati Rice, and Garlic Nan Bread! awesome! With bellies full to the gills we headed to the Palace. I guess if I were well versed in Korean History, I might be able to distinguish the differences between all the Palaces, but to my untrained eye the all just end uo looking the same. It was a beautiful day tho and the sun was shining brilliantly...

We puttered around for awhile and meandered in and out of the buildings... We walked to the very back of the Palace and saw the Blue House, which is the Korean Equivalent of the American White House! I took a picture and the police watched me to make sure I wasnt a spy or anything! Heheh



After the Palace, we were going to have some coffee, however the coffee shops all looked or claimed to be full! So I took E. to ToyKino, a little toy museum that I had stumbled upon last weekend... It was grand, and we had a good time, taking lots of silly pictures and the like!




Finally, The Egg... a quaint shop... coffees were had, and a Hershey Bar too.




The End!

1 comment:

j. ethan duran said...

"Meeting you with a view to a kill face to face in secret places feel the chill
Nightfall covers me but you know the plans I'm making
Still over sea could it be the whole earth opening wide
A sacred why a mystery gaping inside the weekends why until we

Dance into the fire that fatal kiss is all we need
Dance in the the fire to fatal sounds of broken dreams
Dance in to the fire that fatal kiss is all we need dance into the fire"